Tuesday, January 27, 2009

I know . . . I know . . .

So yes I know. It's been over a month since we've updated our blog. I always thought that life would calm down. . . it hasn't. We've come to realize that we don't actually get to see each more than when we were engaged. Between my work projects and Sam going to school, things are almost as hectic as before the wedding. (Sam has this fabulous idea that newlyweds should be able to take a year off from everything and just enjoy the time. We think it would help the divorce rate. Maybe Obama could put that in the economic stimulus package.) Anyway, for those who want to know for our honeymoon we went to the Alaskan Inn up Ogden Canyon. Sam was very sneaky and wouldn't tell me. Then when he did tell me, he told me we were going to the Best Western High Country Inn on 12th street. I tried to keep a smile on my face but was so excited when we turned left on 12th street instead of right. However, I did forget my makeup so Sam got a rude awakening to a wife with no makeup for four days:)

This was our quaint little get away. It was a cute cabin with just enough snow to make us have to stay inside:)

I think Sam enjoyed the complimentary Apple Cider a bit too much:)

One of our favorite activities . . . eating (Breakfast food is at the top of our list!) . . . . By the way, don't pay attention to the non-makeup face:)Here's our favorite food story. After we came back from the honeymoon we decided to order takeout Chinese. We thought they would be small little Chinese boxes not realizing they were in these huge container. She gave us the food in a orange crate box. (There are still two more containers not shown in the pictures). Needless to say, we ate Chinese for quite awhile.



Finally, we have to thank and credit our friends Abbie, Jeremy, Jenn, Matt and Stephanie for their wonderful job decorating our house. It was so nice to come home to.



3 comments:

scottandcamme said...

Finally! Great pictures of the snow! Loved looking at your blog. So when life does slow down let me know:)

Leilani said...

Hey cuties! I am loving your pictures and the story of you. I am laughing at the idea that life would slow down... but I still love you anyway. I think we enter some kind of time flux with each year and the 2 minutes time out we experienced as children turns into mere seconds as adults. I'm still working on the physics. I'll let you know. LOVE you tons!

Lifes Great Adventures said...

I am so glad to see you updated the blog! Jenne you still look cute without makeup, I don't know what you were worried about! We really need to get together soon! That chinese food makes me hungry- I LOVE chinese food! I am glad to see you got over your bad feelings with chinese food:)Take care my buddy!